Ray has lived in Rochester for the over 17 years. He and his wife have been married for over 30 years and they have two children. Ray spends his free time cheering on his children in their sports and musical activities. Ray likes to be outdoors whenever he can. He enjoys camping, hiking, fishing, cooking, and relaxing with his family. Ray has brewed beer and mead at home for many years. Ray is active in his church and in Boy Scout Troop 21. He is a firm believer in the strength of diversity in our society and speaks regularly about diversity issues.
Ray assists his clients in a wide variety of estate planning matters, including trusts, wills, powers of attorney, healthcare directives, and probate. Nothing gives Ray greater satisfaction than meeting with clients, hearing their life stories, and learning about their goals and fears. He then creates an estate plan that will protect their legacy as well as maximize wealth and limit expenses. Ray is passionate about moving clients beyond just financial goals. He believes the most important things in life are not things.
Ray is a member of the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, a nation-wide, prestigious association of estate-planning attorneys. O’Brien & Wolf is one of only 4 Academy members in Minnesota.
Probate and Trust Administration:Whether in need of a guardianship, conservatorship, probate at death, or trust administration, Ray helps his clients journey through the loss of someone as efficiently and effortlessly as possible. Ray’s experience and advice encourages calmness and understanding after the death of a loved one. Ray’s goal is to help clients and their families transition into the next phase of their lives.
- Illinois (inactive)
- Federal District Court, North District of Illinois
- Federal District Court of Minnesota
- Rochester Diversity Council, Board Member
- Olmsted County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Emeritus
- DuPage County Bar Association, Emeritus
- Olmsted County Conciliation Court Referee
- Christ United Methodist Church General Counsel
- Frequent Moderator for Minnesota Legal Education seminar replays
- Minnesota United Methodist Church Foundation Board of Directors, Emeritus
- Rochester Community and Technical College, Adjunct Instructor, Business Law, Emeritus
- American Institute for Paralegal Studies, Business Law Instructor, Emeritus
- DuPage County, Illinois, Bar Association Environment Law Committee Chair, Emeritus
- The John Marshall School Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- Luther College, Decorah, Iowa
- Estate Planning Guide: Grow Your Legacy by Planning for What Matters Most, Raymond L. Hansen, Robert Armstrong, Sanford M. Fisch, American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, 2019